The Hurrier I Go, The Behinder I Get!
Long ago and far away in a cornfield and soybean checkered state, I used to sit in my little kitchen with the green linoleum floor, munching on Cheerios (or Fruit loops, if my Dad was on duty). I remember a little notepad on the wall. It was bright orange (go, ’60’s!), and it had the little saying I used for my title today. Thank you, Lewis Carroll, author of Alice in Wonderland.
Not great form for a writer, but it makes a point, doesn’t it?
I have gotten behind. Way behind. But that’s not going to stop me from moving forward.
As for an update:
- I did win the Genesis Award and the Cascade Award in 2017. Pretty thrilling, I must say!
- I worked on revamping my first book (still waiting on publishers to see if it takes wing).
- I’ve been researching for my fourth book (a lot!).
- As you can see from the “My Schedule” Page, I’ve been busy teaching workshops.
- Right now I’m in the throes of preparation for the Oregon Christian Writers Summer conference. I’m choosing music and preparing to pitch some children’s books.
- I’ve been editing for a friend, writing curriculum, and working on this website. I’m looking forward to the long days of writing when I finally push into the fray of writing my next book.
That’s just a bit of I’m-still-here-and-working news. There’s another HEART OF HISTORY Blog post around the corner. I can sense it. Stay tuned…and keep cool.